Friday, February 28, 2014

DIY Stenciled Wall

Hello everyone. Today we will be discussing how to stencil any wall in your house. Our bedroom walls are a beige color. At first I was in love with the neutral look of the bedroom,  that lasted about a week, and then I was bored with all the neutrals. I am just not a neutral girl. Danny was not going for the lets paint the whole bedroom a different color approach, so I had to get creative. I love the look of a Moroccan style in everything really. The colors, the fabrics and those beautiful light fixtures.
Look at these amazing light fixtures.
The top one is from Ballard Designs and the other from Moroccan Designs.
Lets take a moment to swoon..... 






Let's get back to the point before I go off into my bohemian gypsy dream world.  I went onto google images and started looking at moroccan prints. When I finally picked one that I loved, I printed the image out and cut it onto a piece of cardboard. Cardboard is best because it's sturdy and everyone has a cardboard box laying around somewhere. The next step is really the most time consuming. Now you have to trace your shape onto the wall. I first traced the stencil with a pencil. Then when I finished the whole wall, I went over it with paint. We choose a bright aqua as our paint color. It was one of the options I wanted to paint our bedroom at first, but decided against it because it was pretty loud, so we already had the paint color.  Because we already had the paint, this whole project was absolutely free. It took us two days to finish the project. We did take lots of breaks.



                                            Here are some pictures.








No comments: